Canva offers a variety of default fonts. However, the fonts available in Canva are not extensive. So, what if you want a font that isn’t available? Luckily, you don’t have to worry about design anymore because Canva now allows users to submit their own fonts! This article will guide you through uploading fonts to Canva from different devices.
Follow these steps:
- Open Canva.
- Choose “Brand Kit” from the sidebar on the homepage. For Canva for Enterprise users, click your company name in the sidebar, then pick the “Brand Kits” option first. Select which Brand Kit to personalize if you have several Kits.
- Click “Upload a Font” under “Brand Fonts.” Canva accepts the OTF, TTF, and WOFF file formats.
- Select the font to upload and press the “Open” button. Remember only to upload fonts that you have permission to use.
- You will be asked if you have the necessary licenses or permissions to use the font. To confirm that you have, click “Yes, upload away!”
- Wait for the upload to complete. A pop-up notice will indicate whether or not it was successful.
Uploaded fonts will be at the top of the list of fonts when you add text to your design.
How to Add Fonts to Canva From a Mobile Device
Even though the mobile app for Canva has a lot of options, it’s still not possible to upload fonts through the app. However, you can still upload to the app by accessing Canva via your web browser on your phone. For now, this is the only option. The steps are similar to uploading a font to Canva from a PC:
- Launch Canva in your web browser.
- Select “Brand Kit” from the homepage’s sidebar. For Canva for Enterprise customers, click your company name in the sidebar, then select “Brand Kits.” If you have multiple Brand Kits, choose which one to customize.
- Under “Brand Fonts,” click “Upload a Font.”
- Choose the font to upload and click the “Open” option.
- You will be prompted to confirm that you have the relevant licenses or permits to use the font. Click “Yes, upload away!” to indicate that you have.
- Wait for the upload to finish. If it is successful, a pop-up message will appear.
When it comes to obtaining a font on your mobile device, there are a couple of ways you can do so. You can download a font to your PC as described above and then transfer the file to your mobile device. This can be done using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or a USB cable.
Another option is to go to the Google Play Store and download an app with fonts. Just keep in mind the font requirements.
How to Add Fonts to Canva From an iPad
The same constraints exist for iPad users as for mobile users. You’ll have to log into Canva from the web browser to upload a font. The steps are similar to uploading a font from a mobile device.
- Open Canva in your browser.
- From the homepage’s sidebar, select “Brand Kit.” Click your company name on the sidebar, then pick “Brand Kits” for Canva for Enterprise clients. Choose which of your Brand Kits to personalize if you have more than one.
- Click “Upload a Font” under “Brand Fonts.”
- Select the font to upload and press the “Open” button.
- You’ll be asked to confirm that you have the necessary licenses or permits to use the font. To show that you have, click “Yes, upload away!”
- Wait for the upload to complete. A pop-up notice will show whether it was successful.